Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Only Woman I Would Marry, My mother.

Mothers. What's so special about them?

I wonder how it is around the world, how different all the mothers are. Yet, anywhere around the world [hopefully], she given such a special place. Why?
I don't think its only because she popped us out of her womb. I'm sure there is something else.

Mothers are unique beings. They know every single point that pisses you off, they know were to click if they want to criticize you and make your blood pressure run through the roof, they know how to break you apart when they publicly humiliate you, they boss you around just because they claim that they 'care'.

Again, why are they so special?
Well here it is...i hope after this post, everyone will know why a mother deserves her 'job title'.

A mother is a person that has the guts to take responsibility of having another life grow inside of her without expecting any gratitude. As that person grows within her, she gets fat, hormonal, moody, heavy, gassy, and any other crappy physical status one can think of. But still, she makes everyday seem like a blessing when she just looks at her belly, pats it gently, and smiles at her unborn child.

A mother is an awkward being who has complete control on our feelings. She does not really need to say anything, but with any certain facial expression, she can make us understand her pride, her disappointment, her wisdom, her happiness, her anger, and most of all...her motherhood. She's the pro when it comes to mind control.

A mother is a woman that endures all sorts of mental, physical and spiritual pain....but not for herself. She endures it for the people around her. Her selflessness is an indescribable characteristic which we will never understand, and which will always be an irritating mystery to us. Her goals are almost always dedicated to others, and when she achieves them, she is still not satisfied. She wants more. She wants more goals for other people....namely, her children.

I mean...she could've gotten an abortion... She could've put us in an orphanage...We could've managed alone....right?

Well...yeah i guess...

I guess i could've managed those sleepless nights, where my fever would spike so high i would actually hallucinate...all alone.
I guess i could've built my own personality, learned my values, my manners...all alone.
I guess i could've washed my face, brushed my teeth and combed my hair... all alone.
I guess i could've driven myself to school every single morning, and sang myself a lullaby while coming back from school...all alone.

You see...we can do all of that...all alone.
But the thing is, she is a mother because she is literally always there. She is always there even when we cannot stand her being there. Our first step, first word, first swear word (i personally had to add that), our first mistake, our many other mistakes..

She is the first woman one loves before thinking of one's own gender, ones own sexuality and all that bullshit that comes later on. The moment God allowed our souls into our bodies, her scent, her smile and her arms were all there. She should've hated us...for all the pain she endured, endures and will always endure....she should just give up. But, she's just like an addict that keeps coming back for more.

Yes, we have rehab centers for alcoholics, junkies, psychologically disoriented people....yet mothers have no place to go back to for curing their addiction to their children. Im telling you, they just keep coming back for more disappointment, more pain, more fights, more heartbreak... they are unbelievable. simply unbelievable.

Even more irritating is the fact that they don't really have incentive to do all of this, nor do they ask for any gratitude. All they say is -- and i'm quoting my mom here -- " As long as He [God] knows, i am totally fine". While saying that, she breathes deeply, looks up at the empty sky and grins. SO PISSING OFF!! You just sit there...confused...WHY WOULD GOD PUT YOU THROUGH THIS MISERY?! But, i guess only mothers know what the answer to that would be.

Anyways,
this is for the only woman i would ever marry,
this is for my mother.
My queen, my food, my Earth, my education, my melody, my love, my friend, my personality.
Please stop irritating me with your love, and showering me with your care. It's disgusting how I have nothing to offer you and i hate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment