Sunday, March 13, 2011

To My Dear Bahrain, From a Worthless Lover

To my Bahrain,

     All my life, i've known that 'half' of my blood contained your name on it. I never liked you in the beginning because my other 'half' [UAE] has blinded me with its physical beauty. I always underestimated your inner beauty, the knowledge you possessed, and the smile you always had the ability to put on my face.
I obnoxiously disregarded the fact that you raised my mother and father, i forgot how you taught them how to be Bahraini at heart all the time....and i forgot how perfect that is.

The people who you raised -- the Bahrainis --  are the people the whole Gulf knew were the best. We all knew how your people held your name high with their manners, their kindness, their humor, and their spirit.  They have no 'fake' in their dictionaries, and they do not care whether their clothes cost a dime or a million, as long as they held their heads high with your name in their hearts.

You welcomed me every second i maligned you...every moment i looked down upon you, you put me right between your arms. you offered me shelter when even my own have given up on me.

What is happening to you now is out of our reach, and all i can do is regret not being a part of you until now....when you are fading when you are leaving us because these bastards whom you have raised cannot appreciate you. I remember you now when your own people are ruining you, tearing you apart and spilling each other's blood right in front of your eyes. But also, i remember you when i fell on your streets while rollerblading...i remember how you always brought me and my cousins together...i remember the smell of your rain...your aching cold winter weather and your lazy summer morning.

All we can do is pray, and i regret it. All i can do is hear about my cousin's standing outside the their homes, protecting themselves while your forms of authority fail to protect them. My dear kind cousins, who have turned into fighters with weapons in their hands and hatred in their hearts, not knowing how to fight over you...or fight for you......not knowing that by doing this...they slowly kill you.

Over here, we complain because we can afford it. But your people never complained, no matter how many times you let them down....and that shows what you raised them to be.

Now, i have no idea why your younger generation is acting like a bunch of bastards who think they know everything when they don't know shit. They disrespectfully disregard how much their ancestors have worked to build your beauty, they bring shame to the generations who have raised them. They have nothing to offer you, so in turn they slowly ruin you. I hope they all burn in hell. And i hope the people behind them be damned.

I pray any person who had the heart to make your mothers cry, who brought pain to your daughters, who stile the innocence of your sons die a torturous death. I pray they endure the pain they brought to their own people, to you my Bahrain, when they will be judged by Him. Then, my dear Bahrain, only then will you find peace.

I pray for you. I love you. I love your dearly and sincerely.

Yours,
A Bahraini soul stuck in an Emirati body.

2 comments:

  1. Very heartfelt post amooon!. Look  at the hot topics in all newspapers they go as the following crime,middle east unrest, Libya unrest, Egypt unrest. we are always associated with the word unrest, as if we are in constant feud with one another.. the young generation are blinded by lust and greed they don't see the bigger picture are they doing this for their country or are they doing this to their country?. do they think their actions are justified?

     

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amoon darling, very powerful blog, but I cannot see where you stand. Make a choice. Are you standing with the youth and their long lost "choice" that we had here in the UAE and they never had? Or are you standing with those opposing change? Change is eminent, and as I told you today, his hinges Sheikh Mohammed said in his book, addressing the middle eastern governments, that if they do not change and start to respect the people, the people will change them, see, he said this five years ago, and guess what happened. I am sure HH will be happy now as he is saying with a smirk " I hate to say, I TOLD YOU SO"

    ReplyDelete