Monday, June 6, 2011

Turning Point. Part (2/2)

Knowing me by now, dear readers, through my posts in this blog...i don't like routine. I wanted to do something drastic, and i guess...i did. Other than the previous 'activities' i was engaged in, i wanted to leave to Portugal with a memorable step i seek to take.

that's where Men of the UAE came. The Men of the UAE showcase was yet again, another turning point i CHOSE to make in 2011. It was a result of an idea i had two years ago while i was sitting in my best friend's room. Having a passion for observing men in general, and having found a new passion for sucky photography, i asked her: "why don't i take pictures of men?". 

yes, it started as a dirty and sarcastic questions, and turned into a showcase of 19 Men of the UAE on the 28th and 29th of March. I got to the the world -- or the people that came -- about my obsession for men in a diplomatic way. LOL. 
the MUAE showcase was a mesh of my new 'self' and my new views on others. I can say that i have proudly reached a point in life where i regret nothing i have done in life, for those 'mistakes' are what make me human...and they are what make me who i am now. 

I did not seek calling myself an artist, nor a photographer, i just wanted to put my old passion and my new passion -- writing and photography -- together, to create a bit of magic. To my luck, i met a communicator...now a good friend... and i see her as my personal angel. I pitched her the idea of how i want to portray our men in a different way. Other than their attractive physique, i wanted people to feel the energy i feel when a man of the UAE passes by...those chills down my spine... that music in my ears as i hear his 'kandoora' (traditional attire)...and oh that mesmerizing scent resulting from the half bottle of perfume he has sprayed on. 

Other than that, our men have such a diversity among them that i hardly see anywhere else in the world. You have your corporate slaves, your fathers, your comedians, your fishermen, your bedouins, your protectors, your fathers, your artists...all compiled into what we know as a small population that is 'only 9% of the UAE'. 

Oh shit, i forgot my laptop charger. Ill complete this post when im out of this coffee shop. If i dont...then im an ass. Im sorry

but im just gonna end with this. the point of my turning point is that i got to a point where i allowed my ego and my anger to mate....and i called that bastard: art. This is how i got to the point where now i know that i want to be an artist bum. It free. It real. and i get to say whatever i want...and people will say: it's ok, she's an artist...she's deep, and any comment she gives us...-even if its bullshit --....is inspiring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment